Since 2015, Improbable Escapes has been creating exciting experiences in Kingston, ON. Striving to create new things in old places, Improbable Escapes has created experiences in places like Fort Henry, Murney Tower, Bellevue House & more.
Improbable Escapes opened its doors to the City of Kingston on July 1st, 2015. Emma Rochon and Melissa Eapen set out with a specific goal: to create a business that would bring a smile to the face of anyone who entered! After working in the industry for one year, Emma and Melissa quickly decided to pack up everything and move to Kingston. Kingston was the perfect place for an escape room business because of its size, the thriving downtown core, and the large student demographic.
Opening up the business did not come easy for the two. The first few months of business were spent living inside their retail store, painting throughout the day and dancing along to songs to keep themselves sane. Luckily enough, the first commercial space opened by Improbable Escapes at 298 Bagot Street was originally a call centre and a doctor’s office, both of which have numerous small rooms built in. This gave Emma and Melissa the flexibility to create multi-room escapes. After their first year, Improbable Escapes moved to 303 Bagot Street (LaSalle Mews), to expand to a new space that is over 5 times the size of their first. With about two years of business and creating 16 escape rooms under their belt, Improbable Escapes has become the "go-to" fun thing to do in Kingston. It's even ranked #1 for fun things to do in Kingston on TripAdvisor!
What We've Achieved
- Created our first pop up game at Fort Henry National Historic site in Fall 2015
- Created a pop-up experience at Kingston City Hall
- Created Date Night: an experience that took 150 people throughout Downtown Kingston businesses in one evening
- Melissa speaks in Canada and the US about entrepreneurship and being pioneers for pop-up games
- Emma and the game development team has created escape rooms for companies across the world
- We have secured amazing partnerships with local businesses