Fun Things To Do - Springtime in Kingston

Wow! Did you see and feel that sunshine and heat this past weekend? Everyone seems to have a little skip in their step now from getting some of that Vitamin D! 

Now that spring has finally decided to arrive to us here in the great white North, people are beginning to venture out of their hibernation and are looking for things to do! 

We've compiled a little list of things we think you should check out this Spring!

improbable escapes logo

1. Book an escape experience at
Improbable Escapes (of course!)

Why should you come to Improbable Escapes? We provide a unique social experience for people of all ages. Have a birthday coming up? Come see us to celebrate your birthday in style and give you and your friends some lasting memories! Bring the office and let your boss pick up the bill! Maybe you're looking for something to do with your students for an end of the year class trip! We do all of the above and so much more!
New games are on the horizon too! For those of you who have played all of the current ones, your wait is almost over! A new game will be opening at our downtown location, new pop-up games and new outdoor experiences! We also have a number of promotions that are going on, all the time!

  • Are you a student? You can save $5 per person for you and your student friends, valid student ID required for the promotion!
  • Are you playing a game on your birthday? If you're playing an escape on your actual birthday(we do ask for proof), you get the pleasure of playing for free!
  • How about playing a game on a Tuesday? Every Tuesday is half price for groups of at least 4 players!

    You can book online on our website or by giving us a call!

2. Explore some new shops!

Since the weather is warming up, its a great time to get out and walk the streets on the weekends or even on your lunch break! We have lots of favourites in downtown Kingston that we think you should check out this spring, here are our top 3:

  1. The Kingston Collective - A quaint little shop located in Lasalle Mews that has an unbelievable collection of curated items from amazing artists and makers. The majority, about 90%, of the items sold are made right here in Kingston. The other 10% is made by makers as far as Toronto. If you haven't made it into the shop yet, you should!
  2. Northside Espresso & Kitchen - Words don't even do any justice to what this space is actually like, you will just have to take our word for it! The food is fresh and made to order so you know you're getting the best quality foods! The atmosphere is pristine and buzzing, everyone has a smile on their face whether enjoying the atmosphere or working in it. If you haven't set foot inside Northside yet, you need to! And let them know we sent you!
  3. Crave Coffeehouse & Bakery - CRAVE just celebrated their 1 year anniversary! It's hard to believe they have only been open just over a year, they fit in so nicely to downtown Kingston and have made themselves a staple to many mornings. From their selection of All-Day Breakfast goodies, to the cozy chairs by the fire, to their fresh juices and baked goods, they know how to get into the heart of Kingstonians! Check them out next time you're looking for your morning coffee or afternoon pick me up!

3. Get Outside!

We're big nature lovers and with Canada's 150th this year, you can explore a number of the Parks Canada parks for free with your Discovery Pass. The Discovery Pass gives you and whoever else is in your car, free admission to parks all year! If you've ever wanted to visit some of the Parks Canada parks but weren't able to for whatever reason, make it a priority this year! Try to check as many of these parks off your list as possible! We've all got ours, now who's up for a road trip?

These are some of the things we are excited about for the Spring season here in Kingston! What are you looking forward to? Post in the comments below if you feel there's some things we missed, which I'm sure we did. There's so many amazing things in this city!

Happy Springtime everyone!
We hope to see you in the coming months at Improbable Escapes! Don't forget to tell the shop owners how you heard about them if you stop in to see them!